Friday, May 15, 2020

It's Now or Never


It was a usual morning in the lockdown days of 2020 when I was half asleep and could see my mum sitting besides my bed caressing my forehead. As she stood up and went to the kitchen, I got up and greeted everyone with a fresh morning wish.

After a while I was all fresh and sat in front of my shabby study table with a cup of coffee in my hand. Seeing my mom and dad at the other corner of the room discussing about new business techniques, and my brother taking online classes, my thought processes started racing as I realised how our lives have taken a new turn following alternative methods of performing our daily life tasks.

I realised how this is the best time to accomplish what we've been ignoring since long. I felt that this is the best time to start it reason being that at this moment of time we've got utmost support and advices from experienced and precious people that we can treasure and learn from throughout our lives.

It seemed to me like a periodic change like we study in our history books, the ways a change on the world level came into effect. Though it wasn’t as big a thing as I was thinking, I started developing links and jumping from one incident to other I kept on digging my thoughts.

I took 2020 to 1945, when the attack of Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened, and then to the world wars, jumping to the colonial India which we studied as Modern History and further to the Mughal Empire ruling India and from this it further went on to the Vedic times and finally THE INDUS VALLEY CIVILISATION.

What a time it was! Most of you would not properly remember the civilization and same was the case with me which actually intrigued me to get in touch with again because unlike many others, I’ve always found history fascinating. I know it’s quite frustrating to get hold of all those dates but again studying it as pleasure activity just to get to know about it, isn’t that nice?? Maybe, it’s actually great for some of us!

Now, since I am a UPSC aspirant, I’ve got enough motivational lecture moments from the people around me on how studying about the past can help me get through the exams but all of us need a kick-start to actually do something worth our time.

So as soon as I finished my coffee, I realised that from a very long time I wasn’t getting a good enough excuse to start my civil services’ preps because every time I got stuck either in my thoughts or the famous ‘where should I start from?’ question prevented me from actually commencing, and that it, I felt it’s a ‘now or never’ moment this time. So I sat back and searched by book shelves in a wistful longing to find out my old history book of class 6th. But I found myself despondent as I remembered that a kid had once borrowed it from me. But you know you can’t just leave something incomplete at an instance when you’re so much willing to have it. So I searched through the web and downloaded an e-book of history, and this was how I began reading “THE HARAPPAN CIVILIZATION” for the second time the only difference being that this time I wasn’t forced to do it by some CBSE course curriculum, it was my own wish and interest to do so.

A feeling of positivity stroke that this time it won’t be a waste!....


It's Now or Never


P.S. To be continued.....

16 comments:

  1. It's really motivational..😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly waiting for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. History is always about dates but remembering it gives back the school time again! Had a great time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ......waiting to know some more about our history ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice and motivational ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude again a great blog😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have penned down the views nicely.. Looking forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really feeling pride to read this.all the best😘

    ReplyDelete

I too had a pet..

It was a fine afternoon on April 3rd, 2024 when I left college early. The sun shone bright above my head and the wind was a little chilly. I...